Thwaite Home

Thwaite All Saints

 

 

Thwaite All Saints is a medieval church standing on its own in the Norfolk fields, about a mile west of the Norwich-Cromer highway (A140) on the road to Aldborough.

All public services are cancelled at the moment because of the Corona virus. Services will resume as below when this crisis is over.

Services are held on three Sundays a month,

1st Sunday is a group service held in  rotation with the other churches in the benefice

2nd Sunday 9.30am Mattins takenby a churchwarden

3rd Sunday Holy Communion at 11am

4th Sunday Evensong at  6.30pm

Wednesdays

Services are  held in  rotation with the rest of the benefice. 

Please see Keeping in Touch for further details

The Priest-in-charge - Fr Brian Faulkner has been  licensed as our interim  Priest in  Charge. 

To contact him  ring 01263 577868 or email briantfaulkner@btinternet.com

His rest days are Mondays  and Tuesdays

The churchwardens are Lesley Hennessey and James Buchan. The church is open in daylight hours every day of the year. Everybody is welcome.

Thwaite All Saints 

The Pulpit dates to the reign of James 1 and its date, 1624, is seen plainly below the sounding board. That was a time when the sermon was a prominent part of every service. Restoration work was done on the pulpit in 1890.

 

Between the Nave or main body of the church and the Chancel are the remains of a Screen. In 1559, At the Reformation its top was sawn off so there would be no barrier between the people and the altar. The Screen has some fine medieval carpentry.

 

 


Printer Printable Version