Thurgarton Church

This drawing comes from Francis Blomefield's 'History of Norfolk' and shows the delapidated state of the church in about 1750. The round tower probably fell down at the beginning of the 18th century.  Early in the 20th century a rectangular vestry was built at the tower end and a lot of repairs carried out.  The Church was in regular use until the late 1970s, when it was taken into the care of The Churches Conservation Trust.   It is now part of Aldborough parish, and is used occasionally each year.  The churchyard is still open for burials.


All Saints Thurgarton
Webpage icon All Saints Thurgarton
Webpage icon Thurgarton All Saints
Printer Printable Version